HDHR4-2US "no video data" problem with latest beta firmware - kajhglksdjfhglk

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
kajhglksdjfhglk

HDHR4-2US "no video data" problem with latest beta firmware - kajhglksdjfhglk

Post by kajhglksdjfhglk »

I'm still having issues. I upgraded to the beta firmware 2 weeks ago, wife told me last night she started getting the weak signal again. Running detect channels now picks up nothing. Antenna is in attic and hasn't moved. If I power the HD Homerun off and on again, everything works again, for a while.

kajhglksdjfhglk

Re: HDHR4-2US "no video data" problem with latest beta firmware - kajhglksdjfhglk

I enabled sending diagnostic, ran a channel scan. Here's my device id: 1045AB65

NedS
Silicondust

Re: HDHR4-2US "no video data" problem with latest beta firmware - kajhglksdjfhglk

Post by NedS »

Is it intermittent? The signal levels look good, but there's some spikes of high RF in the VHF band, which could point to some RF interference. A little bit in the UHF band where cellphone towers operate, so it could be harmonics from that. An LTE filter might help out.

kajhglksdjfhglk

It's only intermittent in that everything works perfectly after rebooting the HDHomeRun. After a few days though, nothing works. Can't tune to any channels, channel scan comes up empty. Reboot box, channel scan finds 98 channels, tuner works great. This has been a solid setup for years until I decided to upgrade the firmware. I would pay money to get my old firmware back at this point.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

kajhglksdjfhglk wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:12 pm It's only intermittent in that everything works perfectly after rebooting the HDHomeRun. After a few days though, nothing works. Can't tune to any channels, channel scan comes up empty. Reboot box, channel scan finds 98 channels, tuner works great. This has been a solid setup for years until I decided to upgrade the firmware. I would pay money to get my old firmware back at this point.
Please send us an e-mail at support@silicondust.com and mention this thread and your shipping address. We will try sending you a new power supply.