Audio / Video keeps losing synch

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Rickinnocal

Audio / Video keeps losing synch

Post by Rickinnocal »

When watching OTA TV, using HDHomeRun over my home network to an Amazon Fire, the audio gets out of synch after just a few minutes. Hitting fast forward for a second or two fixes it, but it's a real pain having to continually do it.

Any long term fix?

Rickinnocal

Re: Audio / Video keeps losing synch

Post by Rickinnocal »

No answers?

What causes this? It makes live shows virtually unwatchable.

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

Go into the settings menu in the HDHomeRun app and turn off the Use AC3 passthrough option, if available. That can be an issue on some FireTV devices.

utuinc

Post by utuinc »

I have the same problem running HDhomerun on my Fire TV box. It's seems like this has been going on since I last updated the firmware. I've read that it's not related to firmware, I don't have AC3 passthrough as an option on any of my HDhomerun apps. I change channels and the picture and sound are in synch at first, then there's a pause in the sound and it's out of synch. It really sucks when you watch hockey, the announcers calls the goal before you see it on the screen. We've started looking at a different brand of tuner since I can't find a solution for my current device.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Make sure you are using the latest version of the HDHomeRun app. The A/V sync problem was fixed and the app re-released.

Nick