Signal in Bangkok Question

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
cyrus104

Signal in Bangkok Question

Post by cyrus104 »

I have one local TV that is in the bedroom but I have a large US tv in my living room. I know I can plug the local tv into any wall outlet and it works to get the local 15-20 channels, SOME ARE STATIC.

I have an HDhomeRun Prime from a long time ago but am looking at the new items and would like to get one that works on the signal here to output it into Plex on my media center with the living room pc.

Hoe do I figure out what signal is coming out to figure out what unit I need to buy if any of them will work for me.

Thanks

gggplaya

Re: Signal in Bangkok Question

Post by gggplaya »

According to WIKI, your country uses DVB-T in UHF band 678mhz and 674mhz on channels 44 and 46. Does sound about right? Do you have other channels now? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... y#Thailand

If your country uses DVB-T or DVB-T2 for broadcasting, then you would need the HDHomeRun CONNECT Duo (HDHR5-2DT) version.

The (HDHR5-2US) version is for the United States, and is designed for ATSC. You need the version that ends in -2DT.

cyrus104

Post by cyrus104 »

So my building just has built in adapters that I cable up to the local TV. The channels are like 1-17 or so but there ate many channels that are static.

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

If they are analog (PAL) channels then there are no HDHomeRun products that can receive them.

cyrus104

Post by cyrus104 »

How can I figure that out?

ebo
Device ID: 1016F746, 101C8CF9, 1041F134, 10532394

Post by ebo »

The channel setup menus on most TVs will tell you which channels are analog and which are digital. But you said in an earlier post that there are "many channels that are static." If you mean that you see "static" interference, a.k.a. "snow," then they're analog. Digital channels can't show snow unless it's an intentional part of the video, like HBO's opening logo.