Latest Firmware

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
KaraokeAmerica

Latest Firmware

Post by KaraokeAmerica »

I have two HD tuners:

HDHomeRun DUAL
HDHomeRun CONNECT

They seem to work fine. Today I logged in and it said there were firmware updates to install so I did it. However, it still shows the same 2020 firmware versions that they did prior to that update. The DUAL shows v20200225 and the CONNECT shows v20200907.

Is there someplace where I can confirm what SHOULD be the latest version for my tuners? If I look here it says that 20200907 is the latest:

https://www.silicondust.com/support/dow ... changelog/

But if I look at the Windows download it shows 20210118.

I guess I'm confused about what I should see.

Thanks!

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Latest Firmware

Post by signcarver »

That is where you should be looking unless you are interested in betas which the proper place to look is viewtopic.php?f=126&t=32339. I wouldn't expect any firmware upgrades for those models for some time as they wouldn't need it... the firmware developments right now are for the "4K" atsc 3.0 device. Because of the "need" to often quickly release firmware for the new device often they aren't betas thus a new windows package is made that includes that firmware and some minor updates to various utilities that may be required for the 4K.

I would say it is confusing on that page that All Models does not (necessarily) include Legacy Models which your old dual is (I would specifically look to see that it states Legacy Models if looking for an update available for the dual).

Where are you seeing you need new firmware? The most common place would be at my.hdhomerun.com and most likely your connect was on the same version number as the dual and now has updated to the latest version for that model otherwise I don't know why you saw that message unless for some reason it detected a 4K unit on your network.

KaraokeAmerica

Re: Latest Firmware

Post by KaraokeAmerica »

signcarver wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:39 am Where are you seeing you need new firmware? The most common place would be at my.hdhomerun.com and most likely your connect was on the same version number as the dual and now has updated to the latest version for that model otherwise I don't know why you saw that message unless for some reason it detected a 4K unit on your network.
Yes, that is where I saw the message. I don't have any 4K tuners so it definitely didn't see that on my network. I also don't know what version I was at before, but it is possible that that my connect was updated. I didn't notice what version it was at prior. I have had SD tuners for so long I have just learned to update when it tells me. I have installed updates that have solved issues in the past, but never one that introduces new issues......at least not yet.......;)

Thanks for the help!