HDHomeRun Connect Duo and game console question.

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Zeond

HDHomeRun Connect Duo and game console question.

Post by Zeond »

I bought a Connect Duo for OTA antenna and it works like a charm. But I was thinking what if I could hook my PS4 up to it and stream from my playstation to my PC? My Duo is connected directly to my PC and I would use this for game streaming/recording purposes. My plan would be to hook the PS4 (hdmi cable) to a cable converter box and then output that to the Connect Duo, which is then connected to PC. So PS4->Converter->Duo->PC.
Is this possible? Thank you for your time.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: HDHomeRun Connect Duo and game console question.

Post by signcarver »

It is possible but you would probably have better results just getting an hdmi capture device and not use the hdhomerun at all.

You would need something to convert hdmi to atsc (dvb-t in much of the world) or qam and most likely would need the device to have a passthrough for the TV (HDMI splitter might work but have seen such have problems compared to passthrough of capture cards).

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Re: HDHomeRun Connect Duo and game console question.

Post by kyl416 »

If you want to stream so you can play remotely on another device like your PC, phone or tablet, you can use PS remote play to do that:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/remote-play/

If you want to stream so others can watch you play a game, you can use the share button and it will stream it to your Twitch or YouTube account.