Fox channels not working

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Mr T

Fox channels not working

Post by Mr T »

Karter wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:11 am
jester954 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:31 am Why has FoxNews and FoxBusiness stopped working with this upgrade??? Are you trying to block Republicans from viewing their channel of chose ????
my other comment was removed, so let me try another way....

I think you meant "channel of choice", with that said, I feel your accusation of SiliconDust is way, way over the edge, out-of-line and offensive, perhaps your rhetoric would be better spewed in some other gossip column.
This comment may not be completely "out-of-line and offensive" given that during the run up to yesterday's Georgia Senate election, I have not been able to access Fox News, however, first thing this morning I ran Detect Channels and Fox News instantly became available again. Censorship of this form is a very dangerous path to take and will lead us down a very negative road.

nickk
Silicondust

Fox channels not working

Post by nickk »

We don't mess with channel availability. On some cable systems Fox channels can be special in requiring content protection when other channels don't.

The first thing to check is the CableCARD Menu webpage on the device. If it says Validation "none" then you need to call your cable company. When the pairing isn't validated you won't get channels that require content protection.

The next thing to check is the Channel Lineup page on the HDHomeRun. If it lists the channel but says "DRM" then you need to be using a client device that supports DRM (Windows 10, Android, iPhone, iPad, XBox One).

Nick