2 identical hdhomerun expand devices behave differently on new scan

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
wazer

2 identical hdhomerun expand devices behave differently on new scan

Post by wazer »

So 2 identical devices does not give the same output in the range of the radio channels.

How can I clear all channels/map in range 5xxx and make a new scan so they fit each other number range?

1st device give this output

https://i.imgur.com/KjJ0FWJ.png

2nd device give this output

https://i.imgur.com/76Ek9VZ.png

If you look closely and compare the 2 pictures, from 5002 to 5022 channels are either shifted 3 numbers back or forth

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: 2 identical hdhomerun expand devices behave differently on new scan

Post by signcarver »

the 5000 channel numbers are considered "random" and will vary by device but they may remember what was the channel number just in case it has to use it again. What I would try and do is run a channel scan with no coax connected on each then connect the coax and run the scans on each device at the same time but that is no guarantee.

If you have 5000 number channels, I strongly suggest using an app that gives you more control of your lineups and sources, not something that relies on the scan.

wazer

Re: 2 identical hdhomerun expand devices behave differently on new scan

Post by wazer »

signcarver wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:32 am the 5000 channel numbers are considered "random" and will vary by device but they may remember what was the channel number just in case it has to use it again. What I would try and do is run a channel scan with no coax connected on each then connect the coax and run the scans on each device at the same time but that is no guarantee.

If you have 5000 number channels, I strongly suggest using an app that gives you more control of your lineups and sources, not something that relies on the scan.
For me 5xxx range is radios channels only.

I cant understand why there's no reset to factory default settings in either the gui or the browser, while they are add it they should add an restart device button too, its not everybody that understand how to send command parameters to the device.