HDHR PRIME AVC Channels Buffering (Cox Communications)

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
JPapayik

HDHR PRIME AVC Channels Buffering (Cox Communications)

Post by JPapayik »

I Have Cox Communications I was not using the tuning resolver till know but still does not seem to help either way the problem is when Trying to access AVC HD DRM Channels through a Samsung Smart TV that is hardwired into the Network in my living room the AVC Channels do not seem to come in through Cox Communications but for some reason the HD DRM Channels will tried also changing out the Cable Card out in the prime 1st Cable Card was Fine 2nd Was supposedly Defective 3rd is fine still just cant access the AVC HD DRM Channels so need to know what the fix would possibly be to be able to access these channels if they're is one Firmware is also up to date buffers when accessing AVC Channels
Card Manufacturer Technicolor/Cisco
Card Authentication success
Card Validation success
3DES encryption supportedImage[/img]
OOB Lock 1.544 Mbps
Signal Strength 90% (-6.0 dBmV)
Signal Quality 100% (35.9 dB)
Channel List tuning-resolver

I Can also post the System Log if needed

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: HDHR PRIME AVC Channels Buffering (Cox Communications)

Post by signcarver »

It can depend on market as there are a lot of things that don't decode protected h.264 well and can depend on how such is encoded (i.e. one of my tv's has worked here in phoenix but not in socal on cox and not on comcast when I tested a few years ago when cox's "plus" pack first came out (prior to "contour"), just now I checked the same tv and it didn't work on channels it previously worked on that were protected h.264 and have been for years). Even WMC can have issues with protected h.264 content. My xbox previously worked with such as an extender... with the "new" changes at cox it no longer does on the extender but does on the main machine (and I will note that I was very lucky to "ever" have it work with protected h.264 as most markets wouldn't work).

Though I would suggest using SD's app on android tv or windows 10 to view such, it is possible with cox (in many markets and I have got 4 such mailings in my market the past month) to get a free contour STB for a year (after such, box rental fees apply) with the changes they recently made if you are unable to view such channels in your package.

rmalbers

Post by rmalbers »

Wow, that sounds just like what has happened to me with COX - Omaha, NE. I got the letter/s but thought it was just going to be a change of stream to something, like mpeg4 but no for me. Everything is showing up 'CCI Protection protected-copyonce' and I can only view it on my windows 7 pc. So, I lost all viewing, except locals, on all my fire tv's with the HDhomerunapp and/or jellyfin. I guess the party is over. I've had my prime since the beginning so it really paid for itself may times over so I guess I need to get over it and youtube tv, here I come.

Beerman

Post by Beerman »

I'm having problems outside of NOLA and I just agreed to a one year deal so I guess I'm screwed until December.
We never got any notice or a letter. I've asked more than a dozen people and no one has. I know they're hurting due to cord cutters but I also know they are trying to make it up on internet and other things. I don't feel sorry for anyone, only me. :lol:

rmalbers

Post by rmalbers »

At first I was hoping it was a COX screwup but after the letter/s and seeing it going on around COX systems I think I might be down for the count, unless they change it back. There is no way I'm renting all the boxes I would need.