Any fix for deinterlacing issues?

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Dalhia2019

Any fix for deinterlacing issues?

Post by Dalhia2019 »

Use an XBox, Nvidia Pro, and a cube. On all 3 I have issues on multiple channels. An example would be the moving banner for local news. On my cable system the banner is smooth. Using an hdhomerun it stutters. Sports like football I have issues also with deinterlacing.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Any fix for deinterlacing issues?

Post by nickk »

Dalhia2019 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:43 pm Use an XBox, Nvidia Pro, and a cube. On all 3 I have issues on multiple channels. An example would be the moving banner for local news. On my cable system the banner is smooth. Using an hdhomerun it stutters. Sports like football I have issues also with deinterlacing.
Hi,

XBox deinterlaces but outputs 30fps if I remember correctly. Are you seeing low frame rate or uneven stuttering?

Nvidia Shield does hardware video decode with hardware deinterlacing. What problem/symptom are you seeing?

"cube" - not sure what device/model you are referring to.

Football - what problem are you seeing and on which platform?

Nick

Dalhia2019

Post by Dalhia2019 »

Well for example while watching football I’ll get weird issues hard to explain- real fast jerky movement.The banner that moves across the screen with text for the news stutters. This is on multiple devices with multiple channels involved.

Dalhia2019

Post by Dalhia2019 »

Cube is the amazon fire cube.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Dalhia2019 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:07 pm Well for example while watching football I’ll get weird issues hard to explain- real fast jerky movement.The banner that moves across the screen with text for the news stutters. This is on multiple devices with multiple channels involved.
Different devices have different hardware or software handling of deinterlacing so we need to focus on one issue on one device at a time.

"The banner that moves across the screen with text for the news stutters." - is it advancing a fixed amount each step (low frame rate) or is it unstable jumping with random timing? (and which device?)

Dalhia2019

Post by Dalhia2019 »

Shield, I’d say random.

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

Do you see the same problem on the Shield in Google's Live Channels app using the Network Tuner source? And do you see stuttering on non-interlaced channels like Fox?

Dalhia2019

Post by Dalhia2019 »

I will check out the channels app ASAP. Fox seems to work fine. I get two different Fox stations and they are both fine.

Dalhia2019

Post by Dalhia2019 »

CBS and NBC football is unwatchable on these units. I’m not sure what to do.