HDHomeRun Duo - Reception Issues

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
jonboyuk

Re: HDHomeRun Duo - Reception Issues

Post by jonboyuk »

Thanks Pueblo. Actually my most recent post (with the YouTube clip), the HomeRun Duo is connected directly to the router - no Powerlink in the mix anymore!

Incidentally, my antenna has built in 4G filtering and we don't have 5G where I am yet. I'm a bit skeptical therefore that this will do anything to alleviate the problem as I think interference isn't a problem. That said Amazon are good at returns, so I guess there's no harm in giving it a go!

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

The Amazon one says it cuts off frequencies below 80MHz, so that might be enough.

jonboyuk

Post by jonboyuk »

Okay, thanks. Well I've bought it and it arrives tomorrow. I'll report back then :)

jonboyuk

Post by jonboyuk »

Well, I realise this thing doesn't have braiding in it, but it's fixed my problem

Signals seem to work just fine now!

I do find it weird since my aerial claims to filter 4G, but maybe it's not working. Anyway this did the trick. Thank you.

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

Your problem isn't with 4G signals (which are higher frequencies than TV signals) but rather with something on lower frequencies. That particular filter blocks both low and high frequencies, so it still does the job.

jonboyuk

Post by jonboyuk »

Thanks! At the moment I have it plugged into the HDHR. Is there any advantage of plugging directly into the aerial?

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

Only if you're splitting the signal from the aerial and have another device that is having the same reception issues. Otherwise, it's fine where it is.

SpudULike

Post by SpudULike »

jonboyuk wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:01 am Well, I realise this thing doesn't have braiding in it, but it's fixed my problem

I do find it weird since my aerial claims to filter 4G, but maybe it's not working. Anyway this did the trick. Thank you.
Hi Jonboyuk,
I have just got a Connect Quattro and I am suffering with exactly the same problem as you did, good signal strength, but very variable signal and symbol quality so I am also looking to get this filter - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085S4SP11/ ... UTF8&psc=1 .

I don't see how you got this to work though. The image shows the filter to have male and female f-type connectors for satellite cables, not the RF connectors I am expecting to see. Did this ship with adaptors?

SpudULike

Post by SpudULike »

SpudULike wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:31 pm
jonboyuk wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:01 am Well, I realise this thing doesn't have braiding in it, but it's fixed my problem

Hi Jonboyuk,
I have just got a Connect Quattro and I am suffering with exactly the same problem as you did, good signal strength, but very variable signal and symbol quality so I am also looking to get this filter - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085S4SP11/ ... UTF8&psc=1 .

I don't see how you got this to work though. The image shows the filter to have male and female f-type connectors for satellite cables, not the RF connectors I am expecting to see. Did this ship with adaptors?
So, to answer my own question, it does contain a male F-Type to male RF, but not the female, so I needed to include https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1 .