HDHomeRun 4K HEVC Problem

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
rmoran

HDHomeRun 4K HEVC Problem

Post by rmoran »

Hello, I just received my HDHomeRun 4K. I can get almost 100 stations, but the one I was most interested in was KDFW Fox Channel 4.1 in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I am 6 miles away from the towers and get just about all other stations. I see this station, but it’s glitchy, or no volume. Sometimes it says it can’t connect. It says HEVC on the HDHomeRun and no other stations I’m watching say that. I’m assuming that’s the problem.

I have tested on multiple antennas and the same thing with all. I have added and removed signal boosters and same results. I’m in the process of getting a LTE filter but I don’t think that’s my problems.

I decided to test out the antenna and used my FireTV ReCast. I get ALL the channels including Fox 4.1 KDFW just fine. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s the HDHomeRun 4K. What do I check or how do I fix this? Thank you!

jasonl
Expert

Re: HDHomeRun 4K HEVC Problem

Post by jasonl »

Wait for Silicondust to release the firmware update that allows applications to choose either the ATSC or ATSC 3 broadcast. In Dallas, the regular ATSC broadcasts are fine, but the ATSC 3 broadcasts are kind of a disaster. When both are available, the 4K model will only tune the ATSC 3 broadcasts right now, so if you try to watch 4.1, 23.1, or 49.1, it won't work very well.

rmoran

Post by rmoran »

jasonl wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:50 pm Wait for Silicondust to release the firmware update that allows applications to choose either the ATSC or ATSC 3 broadcast. In Dallas, the regular ATSC broadcasts are fine, but the ATSC 3 broadcasts are kind of a disaster. When both are available, the 4K model will only tune the ATSC 3 broadcasts right now, so if you try to watch 4.1, 23.1, or 49.1, it won't work very well.
Is there an update on when the firmware will be released? I have hear 2 answers. The tech support that called me is aware and said it's TOP PRIORITY and expected it to be released last week. It was obviously not. The other tech via email had no clue about it and when he researched it he said that is was nowhere to be found and a "new issue". UGH

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

rmoran wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:02 am
jasonl wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:50 pm Wait for Silicondust to release the firmware update that allows applications to choose either the ATSC or ATSC 3 broadcast. In Dallas, the regular ATSC broadcasts are fine, but the ATSC 3 broadcasts are kind of a disaster. When both are available, the 4K model will only tune the ATSC 3 broadcasts right now, so if you try to watch 4.1, 23.1, or 49.1, it won't work very well.
Is there an update on when the firmware will be released? I have hear 2 answers. The tech support that called me is aware and said it's TOP PRIORITY and expected it to be released last week. It was obviously not. The other tech via email had no clue about it and when he researched it he said that is was nowhere to be found and a "new issue". UGH
I don't recall saying that to anyone. Can you tell me what the support ticket number was?

rmoran

Post by rmoran »

Email Ticket 142936. The person told me to try attenuator and when I tried to explain the issue, they did not know what I was referring to.

Andrew on the phone has assured me that they absolutely know and there is a meeting today and this will be brought up. Hope there is a fix soon.