HDCP issues

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
pbarron

HDCP issues

Post by pbarron »

All of a sudden, I'm getting HDCP issues on multiple TVs. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. No changes in equipment. TV works fine if I watch through Windows Media Center via Xbox 360 on the same TVs, but HDCP issues through HD HomeRun app on Xbox One. I have an HD HomeRun Prime.
Last edited by pbarron on Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: HDCP issues

Post by signcarver »

What resolution as a number of TVs and computers (and sometimes even cables) don't support the HDCP required for 4K. In some cases it can vary by port used on the display/tv. Some cases if things went to sleep it doesn't negotiate hdcp again correctly. With a computer and SD's app you may need to also make sure some other display isn't causing the issue (sometimes including connected but not on).

pbarron

Post by pbarron »

One TV is a 720P plasma TV. The other TV is a 4k with a 4k receiver and 4k compliant HDMIs. Again, there has been no change in equipment or cables. The tuner has worked for years without any HDCP errors, up until now.

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

Microsoft has been rolling out an Xbox One update over the last week and a half, so that should be your first suspect. Microsoft and f***ing things up in updates, name a more iconic duo.

wilme2

Post by wilme2 »

pbarron wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:35 am All of a sudden, I'm getting HDCP issues on multiple TVs. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. No changes in equipment. TV works fine if I watch through Windows Media Center via Xbox 360 on the same TVs, but HDCP issues through HD HomeRun app on Xbox One. I have an HD HomeRun Prime.
Strange - I too had sudden HDCP issues with my WMC and Prime last night, and it wasn't the easy fix of just unplugging from the TV and HDMI switch. This morning I had to unplug every single HDMI connection between the WMC Win 7 PC and the TV to get it back working.

Wreid23

Post by Wreid23 »

What I found was HDMI 1 seems to fix issues on most TV's. On my PC just got a Radeon 6800 XT and it was not initially working with HDHomerun on Port 3 HDMI. After Moving PC to Port 1 it seems to fix HDCP issues. Try moving your XBOX to HDMI Port 1 Specifically. Seems as though Port 1 carries all the important translation.