Unwatchable pixelization / slow UI

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
ntaylor

Unwatchable pixelization / slow UI

Post by ntaylor »

HDHomerun CONNECT DUO running 20200907 firmware. Unwatchable on any of my usual devices (iOS, Windows 10 (hardwired or wifi), Xbox One (hardwired), Firestick). User interface is also very sluggish on every device. Tuner status shows good, recent example is signal strength 100%, signal quality 98%, symbol quality 100%, streaming rate 9.423 Mbps.

Had been rock solid stable for several years. Problem is recent as of last few weeks. I don't recall doing the firmware upgrade, is that automatic? Problem surfaced more recently than September 7, but not sure when firmware was upgraded.

Help?

rkkeller

Re: Unwatchable pixelization / slow UI

Post by rkkeller »

I posted the other day my Prime cable tuner which worked fine, suddenly everything was so pixelated I could not watch it.

Mine worked fine for days, I am new to it, then Sunday it just started. Monday was bad, today seems OK, not sure if something they fixed already or going to happen again soon.

Sort of getting frustrated now. I can live with some missing features and wait on them, but need to be able to watch things.

ntaylor

Re: Unwatchable pixelization / slow UI

Post by ntaylor »

Just saw this. I opened a ticket with support and they said the diagnostics showed the signal was too strong. Unplugged my antenna amplifier and problem went away. Nothing changed on my end previously; the new firmware must be more sensitive.