Constant Freezing

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
filosad

Constant Freezing

Post by filosad »

When I attempt to access my HD Prime, the video/audio keeps freezing. Was on firmware 20200907 then updated to 20201028, same issue. This issue only happens when I am any Windows 10 platform. My Win n/b is fairly new, issue happens both wired and wifi ?

In the past, I have not had this issue when using a Mac, but will re-test to verify.

Win 10 fully patched.
Any advise would be appreciated.
- filosad

filosad

Re: Constant Freezing (2nd attempt)

Post by filosad »

When I attempt to access my HD Prime, the video/audio keeps freezing. Was on firmware 20200907 then updated to 20201028, same issue. This issue only happens when I am any Windows 10 platform. My Win n/b is fairly new, issue happens both wired and wifi ?

In the past, I have not had this issue when using a Mac, but will re-test to verify.

Win 10 fully patched.
Any advise would be appreciated.
- filosad

Sumolx

Re: Constant Freezing

Post by Sumolx »

I've also been experiencing shuddering issues since upgrading to 20200907 on my HD Prime. I've been running stable for over 4 years until I upgraded the firmware. Nothing else has changed.

filosad

Post by filosad »

Sumolx wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:42 pm I've also been experiencing shuddering issues since upgrading to 20200907 on my HD Prime. I've been running stable for over 4 years until I upgraded the firmware. Nothing else has changed.
I would like to know why I do not have the same issues when using a Mac computer ? In the meantime, I am thinking of using another application called Emby. Not to sure if this application will present its own set of problems.

filosad

Post by filosad »

Another Issue, after launching HDHR, I keep getting an error msg 'MF_Media_Engine_ERR-Code_xxxx (were xxx is an error code). I have to exit out of the software and re-launch, it will work for a couple of minutes (if that long) and the same error pops up. Does anyone have a clue what it means ?
Thanks

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

filosad wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:58 pm Another Issue, after launching HDHR, I keep getting an error msg 'MF_Media_Engine_ERR-Code_xxxx (were xxx is an error code). I have to exit out of the software and re-launch, it will work for a couple of minutes (if that long) and the same error pops up. Does anyone have a clue what it means ?
Thanks
Most Media Engine errors that I see tend to be a networking issue. Some interruption (probably something intermittent/temporary) causes the video to end before the video player expects it to, so it throws up an error.

That's not to say that it's always network related. It could be something else, but it's hard to say form the error itself. It's something that is generated by the Microsoft player, that we attempt to use first, and typically means "video ended when it wasn't expected to end".

Given the freezing complaint, I would wager that there is something network-related going on. Let's try a packet loss test: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/trouble ... acket_loss