HDHR-US not getting channels since 20200225 update

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
TechnoSwiss

Re: HDHR-US not getting channels since 20200225 update

Post by TechnoSwiss »

NedS wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:33 am Very odd readings. It's getting signal strength, but zero signal quality. Both units pretty much showing the same thing.

I'll make a note to ask the boss on Monday after the long holiday weekend what he thinks about it.
Any update on this?

Thanks

TechnoSwiss

Post by TechnoSwiss »

NedS wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:33 am Very odd readings. It's getting signal strength, but zero signal quality. Both units pretty much showing the same thing.

I'll make a note to ask the boss on Monday after the long holiday weekend what he thinks about it.
Bump.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

checking

TechnoSwiss

Post by TechnoSwiss »

FYI: I had tried using the power supply from my working HDHR3-CC in both my HDHR-US devices before trying to reload the firmware and was still having the same problem. I hadn't tried it since going through and trying out the older firmware versions, and then reloading the the latest firmware. I thought I'd give that a shot tonight and when I swap out the supply from the HDHR3-CC both the HDHR-US devices come up. So it looks like this is a power supply issue, that might have caused/been hidden by a firmware update problem? All 3 devices are running the power supply they came with. I'll see if I can track down replacement supplies for those and see how that goes.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

A firmware update will trigger a reboot, and a reboot is often the "final straw" that can break a power supply that is already about do die. My apologies for not suggesting to test the power supply, as that is a fairly common cause for most electronic devices of a certain age.

TechnoSwiss

Post by TechnoSwiss »

NedS wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:52 pm A firmware update will trigger a reboot, and a reboot is often the "final straw" that can break a power supply that is already about do die. My apologies for not suggesting to test the power supply, as that is a fairly common cause for most electronic devices of a certain age.
If not you then somebody else had suggested it, and it was one of the earlier things I had tried. Not sure why it hadn't solved the issue when I tried it the first time but it's working now so I'll take it. :)