Audio issue on Xbox One

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
pbarron

Audio issue on Xbox One

Post by pbarron »

I don't seem to be getting the right audio channels on my Xbox One.

First off, I have an unconventional setup for my audio on my Xbox One. My display sound is coming from HDMI to a receiver which works fine, but I run it through an HDMI audio extractor for a 2nd analog-audio-only channel. It outputs fine for all other apps and games on the Xbox One, but my HDHomeRun Prime seems to be outputting partial audio through the analog output. Sometimes there is just background noise, sound effects or music, but no dialog.
Here is the item that I use to extract the analog audio:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KBHX072?ps ... ct_details
It does appear to be HDCP compliant.

I'm guessing that since there is no HDMI video signal accompanying that analog output, there is some kind of issue that comes up.
I could try outputting audio from the SPDIF on the Xbox One to an analog converter. Would that work or am I experiencing some other kind of problem with analog audio?

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Re: Audio issue on Xbox One

Post by kyl416 »

From your description, it sounds like the HDMI audio extractor is only extracting the left and right channels but not mixing in the center channel that usually has the dialog on programming that uses the full 5.1 sound.

pbarron

Post by pbarron »

I don't think that's it, since it outputs correctly in all other games and apps. I think it is a DRM issue.
I've been testing channels and the problem appears to be DRM specific. Non DRM channels output fine. Only DRM channels have issues with the output. Is there solution to extracting analog audio for DRM channels?

pbarron

Post by pbarron »

i bought a SPDIF to analog converter and that did the trick.