Fox channels not working

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
jester954

Fox channels not working

Post by jester954 »

Why has FoxNews and FoxBusiness stopped working with this upgrade??? Are you trying to block Republicans from viewing their channel of chose ????

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Fox channels not working

Post by NedS »

jester954 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:31 am Why has FoxNews and FoxBusiness stopped working with this upgrade??? Are you trying to block Republicans from viewing their channel of chose ????
You're probably using an HDHomeRun PRIME with Verizon Fios. On Fios all of the Fox owned channels are DRM-restricted, so you're probably running into a DRM issue that isn't related to any software update or political affiliation. We would be happy to help resolve the issue.

We would like to get some diagnostic data:
  1. Please go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  4. Click System Status
  5. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  6. Go back one page
  7. Click Channel Lineup
  8. Click on Detect Channels
  9. After the scan finishes, open the HDHomeRun app
  10. Go into the app settings: the gear icon in the top right corner of the "Live/Recorded/Discover/Tasks" page
  11. Enable the option to Send diagnostic information
  12. Attempt to watch one of the Fox stations

Reply back to this post and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID at the top of the my.hdhomerun.com web page as well as on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.

Karter

Post by Karter »

[removed by moderator]

jester954

Post by jester954 »

NedS wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:28 pm
jester954 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:31 am Why has FoxNews and FoxBusiness stopped working with this upgrade??? Are you trying to block Republicans from viewing their channel of chose ????
You're probably using an HDHomeRun PRIME with Verizon Fios. On Fios all of the Fox owned channels are DRM-restricted, so you're probably running into a DRM issue that isn't related to any software update or political affiliation. We would be happy to help resolve the issue.

We would like to get some diagnostic data:
  1. Please go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  4. Click System Status
  5. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  6. Go back one page
  7. Click Channel Lineup
  8. Click on Detect Channels
  9. After the scan finishes, open the HDHomeRun app
  10. Go into the app settings: the gear icon in the top right corner of the "Live/Recorded/Discover/Tasks" page
  11. Enable the option to Send diagnostic information
  12. Attempt to watch one of the Fox stations

Reply back to this post and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID at the top of the my.hdhomerun.com web page as well as on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.
Yes it is Verizon FIOS, and the Firmware level is 20200907, Model: HDHR3-CC, Device ID: 1325C1DA

After scan the channels in question do not appear. Chan( 617 and 618 ). Sense the channels do not appear, I can not tune them in. I enabled the diagnostic info, but don't know if you will be receiving any information.

jester954

Post by jester954 »

No DRM channels appear at all !!!!! How can I rest my unit so I can load an earlier level of Firmware ????

I should be able to back out a bad Firmware load. Is this a feature available ??

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Typically that is because the card isn't validated and you must correct with your provider.

jester954

Post by jester954 »

This card has been working with no issues for three years. The only change has been Firmware change 20200907 !!!!

Is there a backout or rollback process to remove a bad level of Firmware.

and all non DRM channels are working fine. There are 465 channels in total.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Cards have been known to become "unpaired" double check the status on the device web page.

jester954

Post by jester954 »

I had Verizon re-paired the card. Still do not have any DRM channels. Again, is there any way to go back and load an earlier Firmware load ????

20200907 just does not work. SiliconDust must have really messed this one up.

Just got a hold of a very good verizon tech, and we re-paired the card to my box. And it worked this time. I now get all my channels.

Issue resolved....................... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Karter

Post by Karter »

my other comment was removed, so let me try another way....

I think you meant "channel of choice", with that said, I feel your accusation of SiliconDust is way, way over the edge, out-of-line and offensive, perhaps your rhetoric would be better spewed in some other gossip column.