Chromecast with Google TV - no channels

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
usafle

Chromecast with Google TV - no channels

Post by usafle »

Has anyone picked one of these up yet? I got mine a few days ago. Loaded up the HD app. checked DVR recordings, they all played fine. However none of the LiveTV channels will work. I am only getting "audio only"

Anyone else seeing the same issue or, as usual, it's just me?

rdoac

Re: Chromecast with Google TV - no channels

Post by rdoac »

Yeh, I just got one today, hoping to replace my FireTV's. I am getting occasional cable (comcast) channels working, no antenna channels, a lot of non working cable channels, recordings don't work either.

I'm wondering if it's a lack of mpeg2 codec?

Kodi with the PVR HDHomerun Plugin works fine.

rdoac

Post by rdoac »

Hey, I solved this by loading the livetv app and settng it up with the hdhomerun. I'm guessing it installed missing codecs into the system.

RickNY

Post by RickNY »

I had no issues with this by installing the HDHR app. I also installed Android Live Channels - but there is an issue where the Live Channels app won’t install an icon to launch it. Both worked fine - but I have to use the voice assistant to launch Live Channels.

usafle

Post by usafle »

I'll give that a shot, thanks. That never occurred to me. Hopefully it will show up on the Play Store and I don't have to jump through hoops to side-load it.
rdoac wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:38 pm Hey, I solved this by loading the livetv app and settng it up with the hdhomerun. I'm guessing it installed missing codecs into the system.

usafle

Post by usafle »

Just installed the Live Channels and you're correct, no App icon. Strange, all things considering...
RickNY wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:50 pm I had no issues with this by installing the HDHR app. I also installed Android Live Channels - but there is an issue where the Live Channels app won’t install an icon to launch it. Both worked fine - but I have to use the voice assistant to launch Live Channels.