Android app and channel lineup

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Rainey

Android app and channel lineup

Post by Rainey »

Hi

I have a few HDHR4-2US connects. Not sure if these are legacy devices, i don't thing so.
I have been running WMC with ServerWMC with KODI for years now it is working good.

I am running old HDHR firmware 4-11-2016.

I got a few Android boxes and see there is a HDHR app and i installed it.
Got it working on both units but have channels that are no longer in my area listed and not working.
I see no way to edit the list to remove them.

I ran setup on my windows PC and scan channels and saved the config but no change.
With a browser i connected and got channel lineup and selected favorites but no change.

I read a topic here that it might be the old firmware.

What is the current firmware for my 5 year old hardware?
If i update to the latest firmware will they still work with WMC and KODI the same as before?

Thanks for any help.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Android app and channel lineup

Post by signcarver »

Typically WMC accesses the tuner via legacy methods while the android apps typically use the modern methods and rely on the channel scan of the device itself... If a channel shows up on that scan (typically from the device's lineup web page) and you wish to disable it, click the star to make it a favorite. then click the "gold" star to mark it as disabled.

By the way, there is no reason to keep a 4th gen tuner on such an old firmware and it is possible that such an old setup program didn't run a "real" scan on the device as back then with windows apps they often needed a legacy scan to put together an xml list that typically isn't used with the new tuners (though I would have thought it would have started a real scan by then but personally always suggest it be done on the device itself). Currrent firmware would be 20200907.

Note there are background scans the device runs and any new channel found will be added but channels no longer detected won't be removed. Also note that in some cases I have seen the app on some devices appear to cache the list of channels so sometimes after the updated scan you may need to clear cache of the app (I'd say clear the data too but that can cause problems if people run the DVR engine on the android device, so clearing data isn't always safe).

Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Thanks

I updated the firmware to the latest 9-7-2020

But still have the same issue area code 48629.

Channel 18.1-5 still show up in the guide but that channel went offline months ago when some channels changes RF ferq in my area.

The last things i will try tomorrow is to reboot everything, PC, TV Box, tunners, router see if that helps.

Looks like channel list is not coming from the local network.
I turned off my VPN and ran the setup again to makes sure if it reports channels to you you get a clean location.

Also ran HDHR View program on the windows pc, it has the same channels as the android app.
Is there any way to edit that list? in View or the app? as i would like to remove the channels that don't work and the church channels.

Rainey

Post by Rainey »

Ok

I got it working.

I re scanned both tuners at devices web page put the red x next to channels i did not want.
Still seen channels in View. I refreshed the device web pages.

I went into HDHR setup adv tab and changed the BDA drive from auto the normal. That re wrote the table.
Now in View the channels are not there like i wanted.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

VIEW doesn't use the bda driver as it tunes using the modern method with modern tuners. Occasionally the viewing device itself may cache the results of lineup.json which is typically retrieved when the hdhomerun app starts as well as the first 4 hours of guide data.