How to see signal strength

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
jz307

How to see signal strength

Post by jz307 »

Hello,
I am new to HD Homerun. I had my antenna installed and hooked up the homerun, did a scan and found 70 channels. I live between Baltimore (North) and DC (West) so I am getting some signals from both. Is there a way to see the signal strength of all of the channels at once, and "deselect" the ones that are not good? I am trying to simplify things before I unleash this on my wife and kids. Any guidance would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Jim

NedS
Silicondust

Re: How to see signal strength

Post by NedS »

If you have a Windows PC:

Install the HDHomeRun Setup utility: http://download.silicondust.com/hdhomer ... indows.exe

Then go to your C drive -> Program files -> SiliconDust -> HDHomeRun, there is a program called "hdhomerun_config_gui"

That will show signal measurements for any channel. You can tune it to any channel you want, and then it will show signal strength and signal quality.

If you have something else, you can get a non-live signal status from my.hdhomerun.com -> Click on the HDHomeRun's Device ID -> Tuner Status. Just refresh the page to refresh the data, while having someone view live TV.

jz307

Re: How to see signal strength

Post by jz307 »

Thanks. This helped.