chicago market, channel detection

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
tdsd1

chicago market, channel detection

Post by tdsd1 »

Seems to be a common issue with channels not being discovered during a channel scan. Off hand, I'm not sure which channels I should have, but I do have one DVR with HD service and a cable card in my HD tuner and on my xfinity DVR I am able to pull up channel 174, NBC Sports, but the HD tuner doesn't find that channel. Here you can see that it skipped right over it:

115 LA115
119 EWTN
138 TLNCHIC
159 JTV
164 SHOPHQ
182 WGBODT
183 WCIUDT
184 WPWRDT
187 WLSDT
188 WMAQDT
189 WBBMDT
190 WFLDDT
191 WTTWDT
192 WGNDT
193 WSNSDT
194 WXFTDT

Signal levels should be fine, but I have no way of confirming that other than a tech installing the service about a year ago and testing everything when they were on site. No issues with internet, TV, etc. Actually, the picture on my TV looks fantastic, no pixelation on any channel. Picture quality looks great when I watch using the HD tuner app on the shield (hard wired) and on my windows 10 laptop (wifi). My only issue, that I'm aware of, is the inconsistent channel scan results.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: chicago market, channel detection

Post by NedS »

We would like to get some diagnostic data:
  1. Please go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. Click System Status
  4. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  5. Go back one page
  6. Click Channel Lineup
  7. Click on Detect Channels

Reply back to this post and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID at the top of the my.hdhomerun.com web page as well as on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.

tdsd1

Post by tdsd1 »

NedS wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:32 pm We would like to get some diagnostic data:
  1. Please go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. Click System Status
  4. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  5. Go back one page
  6. Click Channel Lineup
  7. Click on Detect Channels

Reply back to this post and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID at the top of the my.hdhomerun.com web page as well as on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.
Ok, done.

1324F5CC

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

It shows as a subscribed channel. Try looking at your channel blacklist and make sure it wasn't accidentally removed. Go to my.hdhomerun.com, click on the channel lineup link, then see if there is a red X next to that channel. If so, click the X so that it becomes a hollow star.

tdsd1

Post by tdsd1 »

NedS wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:26 am It shows as a subscribed channel. Try looking at your channel blacklist and make sure it wasn't accidentally removed. Go to my.hdhomerun.com, click on the channel lineup link, then see if there is a red X next to that channel. If so, click the X so that it becomes a hollow star.
It is in that list already with a hollow star.

Thanks.

tdsd1

Post by tdsd1 »

NedS wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:26 am It shows as a subscribed channel. Try looking at your channel blacklist and make sure it wasn't accidentally removed. Go to my.hdhomerun.com, click on the channel lineup link, then see if there is a red X next to that channel. If so, click the X so that it becomes a hollow star.
I'm not sure what changed, but it now works. Very odd.