Prime 6?

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
aaronouthier

Prime 6?

Post by aaronouthier »

Hello,
Long time owner of the original Prime. Haven’t been able to use it though since spectrum bought out Time Warner, and they went to every-channel-is-now-marked-DRM nonsense. I just heard about the new prime 6. Can’t seem to find anyone selling it. Anyone know where I can get one. I’ve been away from these forums for about 3 or 4 years.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Prime 6?

Post by signcarver »

They have not released the 6 tuner version yet (other than the very old 6 tuner model which was essentially 2 3 tuner primes in a rack mountable chasis that was essentially discontinued a couple years prior to the prime 3)

See viewtopic.php?f=131&t=73523 under future products.

Not understanding your question though as drm would still be drm regardless of model.

aaronouthier

Post by aaronouthier »

Oh! It’s not released? Ok. I looked on SD’s page for it, and they don’t really say anything about the device. Just that the QuickStart guide and user guide are in production or something.

As for DRM, I used to be able to watch and record channels in Emby, but after the switch, none of the channels will come up. From my understanding, only premium channels like HBO and showtime were like that with Time Warner, but I never subscribed to any of those, so it wasn’t an issue. Now every channel is marked as “copy once” or something. Not usable with anything except their proprietary set-top boxes. Hmm, haven’t tried it in a few years, maybe that was fixed? Is there a release date for the prime 6, and does that fix the DRM issue? I just called over to the FiOS folks, to see what they offer. Internet and phone only, but no video services at this time. Boo.

aaronouthier

Post by aaronouthier »

Note: by DRM issue, I mean being able to watch and record DRM content. I don’t care if it is encrypted - I’m not planning on sharing my recordings outside my home.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

aaronouthier wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:06 pm
Note: by DRM issue, I mean being able to watch and record DRM content.
Your old Prime is not the problem. Emby can't play DRM content.