How to remove DVR

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
sarahb

How to remove DVR

Post by sarahb »

Hi,

I've cancelled my DVR subscription and am just using my HD Homerun to watch local tv stations. The problem is, it seems to be trying to find the dvr and record things. I keep getting a message that no data found. What do I need to do to completely remove DVR from my HD HomeRun?

Thanks

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: How to remove DVR

Post by signcarver »

What are you watching with and where are you seeing no data as typically you still want the DVR engine running to access previous recordings and for trick play. If you want to remove the engine, what platform was the engine running on?

Edit: Also based on the time of your post, many internet services were down (should have been coming back up right about then) due to something at CenturyLink (level 3) that may had affected getting such data as it affected cloudflare enough that manual steps had to be taken to find routes which impacted much of hulu and discord as well.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: How to remove DVR

Post by NedS »

sarahb wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:56 am
Hi,

I've cancelled my DVR subscription and am just using my HD Homerun to watch local tv stations. The problem is, it seems to be trying to find the dvr and record things. I keep getting a message that no data found. What do I need to do to completely remove DVR from my HD HomeRun?

Thanks
You have the DVR software enabled on a Windows PC. Open the HDHomeRun Setup utility (note that this is different from the viewing app), click on the "DVR" tab, uncheck "Use this PC for recordings" and then click "Apply".