Xfinity More Sports & Entertainment Package

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
CubsWin

Xfinity More Sports & Entertainment Package

Post by CubsWin »

Does anyone have the Xfinity More Sports & Entertainment add-on package?

I have an active cablecard in my Prime, and this morning I tried adding this package to my existing Xfinity service. After going back and forth with Comcast for most of the day, I was finally told that the package can only be added to an X1 cable box and can't be added to a Cable Card. Has anyone heard of that before? Does anyone have proof otherwise that you were able to get it activated on your Cable Card?

It doesn't make any sense that I can't add those channels to a Cable Card.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Xfinity More Sports & Entertainment Package

Post by signcarver »

Depends... many packages like that are iptv only (for many providers the word "more" or "extra" makes that a little more clear but it can vary by region even with the same name).

As for xfinity specifically I saw this:
https://www.xfinity.com/support/article ... comparison

CubsWin

Re: Xfinity More Sports & Entertainment Package

Post by CubsWin »

Interesting, it does indicate "No" for CableCARD for that package, but I still don't understand why.

I think I can get most, if not all, of the same channels if I upgrade my base package, so why couldn't they be offered in the stand-alone package?

I just spoke to another representative who said she added the channels and it will take 24 hours for them to show up, so I'll wait and see if anything happens with that. If not, I guess my only option is to upgrade my base package and hope they can process that without messing up my CableCARD.