HDHR3-EU not finding any channels

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Just_DVR_it

HDHR3-EU not finding any channels

Post by Just_DVR_it »

Dear community,

this is my first SiliconDust device. I have been building HTPCs for a decade, and read so much positive feedback about the HDHomeRun series that I have long been eager to get my hands on one. Here in Germany my only options are DVB-C and DVB-T, and when I saw the HDHR3-EU model pop up on eBay, I jumped at the chance and got it for a bargain.

I just want the FTA channels to show up in Windows Media Center, but unfortunately the HDHomeRun Setup software won't find a single channel. This is on Windows 7 mind you. I already tried disabling Windows Firewall (no AntiVirus), reinstalling the software, and running some terminal commands. I confirmed the correct modulation symbolrates for my cable provider, but still no dice. I'm at the end of my rope here after several days of troubleshooting. I wanted to ask for help in the forums first, but I never got that confirmation Email (tried it with 2 different Email addresses). After submitting a trouble ticket, and not having heard back for about a week, I tried it again with a different Email provider, and this time it finally worked.

If you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I know this is a legacy device, but it should more than suffice for my humble demands. I already checked the same coaxial-cable with a run-of-the-mill DVB-C FTA receiver, and it picked up about 30 channels. I know my way around consumer hardware and IT administration very well, so it's really bugging me that I can't get a simple device like this to work.