Prime Channel Scan: Try a Single Channel Again

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
A. Nonny Muss

Prime Channel Scan: Try a Single Channel Again

Post by A. Nonny Muss »

After running channel scans on my Prime (13129D38), a number of Premium and SDV channels no longer show in my channel lineup. I'll run another scan and some will come back and others will fall off. Currently, 5 HBO channels are missing; the next scan may bring them back but drop some others. I don't know if the tuning adapter is flaky, there aren't enough SDV positions to go around or something else... Is there (or could there be) a way to say "try again" on a single channel rather than cross my fingers and hope the next scan will grab what I want and not lose what I don't want to lose?

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but as I watch the scan take place, Tuner 0 seems to be behind the others. Tuner 1 and 2 will be next to each other while Tuner 0 is lagging 50 channels behind.

A. Nonny Muss

Re: Prime Channel Scan: Try a Single Channel Again

Post by A. Nonny Muss »

I’m going to bump this once...

Most of the SDV channels are lumped close together. If the scan wasn’t going in channel number order or tried again later if it failed to tune/authorize, I’m thinking it might help the tuning adapter catch up or allow for SDV channels to open up.