Quarto OTA pixelation in Windows MCE only

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
paulsaz

Quarto OTA pixelation in Windows MCE only

Post by paulsaz »

This just recently started happening. All OTA channels in Windows Media Center 8.1 are very choppy and pixelated, but in the HD Homerun App they are fine. I have rerun channel scan at my.hdhomerun.com and using Windows Media Center, the signal quality is showing ok. I use epg123 on WMCE. I did create a trouble ticket with ID and turned on diagnostics, just wondering if anyone had any ideas?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Quarto OTA pixelation in Windows MCE only

Post by NedS »

How is everything connected on your network? The HDHomeRun app uses a newer protocol that doesn't wait for data handshakes, so small interruptions will be much less visible. WMC uses an older protocol, where any disruption in the network data will be much more visible.

paulsaz

Post by paulsaz »

The problem appears to be with my Intel 1000 adapter, if I use a generic realtek wireless card, the blocking goes away.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

paulsaz wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:16 pm
The problem appears to be with my Intel 1000 adapter, if I use a generic realtek wireless card, the blocking goes away.
Known quirk that Intel NICs drop packets - go into the adapter settings for the Intel NIC, Advanced settings, and look for "Interrupt Mitigation" - try different values/levels until it works without dropping packets.

Nick

paulsaz

Post by paulsaz »

I replaced the Intel with a new Realtek and everything is working again.