Channel Detection not showing all channels when finished - wlieber

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
wlieber

Channel Detection not showing all channels when finished - wlieber

Post by wlieber »

I have lost all but 4 channels in my list and all are low signal. Previously I could pull in 50+ decent channels. OTA Reception has progressively declined over a number of weeks/months and my HD Homerun is unusable.

Any tips or advice on improving reception?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Channel Detection not showing all channels when finished - wlieber

Post by NedS »

We would like to get some diagnostic data.
  1. Please go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  4. Click System Status
  5. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  6. Go back one page
  7. Click Channel Lineup
  8. Click on Detect Channels

Reply back to this post and provide us the device ID of your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs. You can find the device ID at the top of the my.hdhomerun.com web page as well as on a label on the bottom of the HDHomeRun itself.

Bmxerbray
Device ID: 13239EF6, 1325FEAA

Post by Bmxerbray »

Same here. Only showing 24 channels on both primes. 13239EF6, 1325FEAA. Did the same with send diagnostic info and channel rescan..This has happened 2 times in the last 2 weeks. I called Comcast and an unpair and pair fixes it. But it loses channels with in the week.

jseymour

Post by jseymour »

wlieber wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:16 pm
OTA Reception has progressively declined over a number of weeks/months and my HD Homerun is unusable.
Have you tested with anything other than your HDHR tuner, such as a TV?

Being as this has happened "over a number of weeks/months," my suspicion is the OTA TV channel repack might be the culprit. You can go to RabbitEars Repacking Tools -> Repack Plan, enter your major market(s), and find out where your stations used to be and where they are now.

Particularly if the lost/degraded stations were all in UHF, any moved to VHF, and you have a UHF-only antenna, then, yes: You'd probably see seriously degraded performance or lose them entirely.

In other cases: Some stations are operating on significantly reduced power or temporary antennas as they weren't properly prepared by the time their phase was scheduled to move. Other stations decided it wasn't worth the cost and simply ceased operations.