Cox Phoenix new Tuning Adapter Firmware

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Cox Phoenix new Tuning Adapter Firmware

Post by signcarver »

Last night my TA's received an update that after 2 years I can finally get every channel I subscribe to show up from the scan... One of my TA's had the prime's lineup go from 385 channels to 679. Apparently the new TA firmware uses the same methods their new STBs do. At this location I have another prime that has 500 channels but I haven't run the scan yet as it is busy at the moment.

Thanks to BrianInPhx at dslreports.com for pointing this out. There is a little worry there that the downgrade in version number may cause some issues but I don't think this new method has the problems that the others have.

Edit: finally had a chance to run a scan on another prime and by some miracle that I haven't seen in years I get the same number of channels from the scan on each prime :)

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Cox Phoenix new Tuning Adapter Firmware

Post by nickk »

Woot!

jasonl
Expert

Re: Cox Phoenix new Tuning Adapter Firmware

Post by jasonl »

Now someone just needs to convince them to turn off DRM on non-premium channels. I almost respect Cox for pushing forward on new technology in a smart way, between moving some channels to AVC and implementing 1GHz systems, and now dumping legacy OOB for DSG in order to expand upstream bandwidth with a mid split system. No respect for providers that DRM everything though.