T I V O 4k Stream Remote with HDHR App

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
towdy777

T I V O 4k Stream Remote with HDHR App

Post by towdy777 »

Hello,

I was recently given an HDHR Prime device and I have only been using it on my phone/tablets. I bought a new TV and purchased Xiaomi mibox S and had a very bad experience due to the lag.

I bought the new T I V O 4k Stream and it is phenomenally faster than the mi box s.

HDHR Prime works fine with this dongle but I have an issue with the remote. With the HDHR app, using the number buttons and typing and hitting the Center or OK button, it won't change the channel. The Android TV keyboard opens up and stays up -- clicking the OK button just types what the last letter position it had in the keyboard. It doesn't invoke the "OK" button

So I can't change the channel using the number keypad. I believe this is an issue with other bluetooth remote (with keypad) with the HDHR app.

Is there a workaround I can try to make this work? Really love to use the remote number pads with the HDHR app.

PS: Live Channels work well with the number keypad but I prefer the HDHR app instead. Also the Live Channels have a bug that when you enable CC, you lose audio.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: T I V O 4k Stream Remote with HDHR App

Post by signcarver »

That is the way android clients have been performing the last few months. There is no real workaround other than completing the entry with the onscreen keyboard... when it first did that one used to be able to hit back to back out of keyboard and then move down but now i can't move down either. I believe part of it was a "fix" for xbox to allow enter where on android boxes it was dpad center as that was the timing when it started to fail on android.

towdy777

Post by towdy777 »

signcarver wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:01 am
That is the way android clients have been performing the last few months. There is no real workaround other than completing the entry with the onscreen keyboard... when it first did that one used to be able to hit back to back out of keyboard and then move down but now i can't move down either. I believe part of it was a "fix" for xbox to allow enter where on android boxes it was dpad center as that was the timing when it started to fail on android.
Thanks for the explanation. I'll probably get used to Live Channels. Hopefully the closed caption losing audio bug will be fixed soon.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

We are working to fix the number pad issue.

hotshot2k3

Post by hotshot2k3 »

The remote is very nice when using with Live Channels and HDHR

Using these apps without number buttons is such a pain in the ass

I suggested to Silicondust that they make their own Bluetooth remote with numbers in the past

Now is the time to release your own Bluetooth remote that is specifically designed to work with your app and Live Channels to make them easier to use

towdy777

Post by towdy777 »

NedS wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:01 pm
Great news! If thats the case, this remote would make it one of the best with HDHR in my opinon.

keplenk

Post by keplenk »

NedS wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:01 pm
That would be great news. I bought two of these and the only way to use live tv is using the Live Channels app which is not my preferred application since it has a bunch of bugs right now.

I still prefer the HDHR app. Thanks for trying to fix it!