HDHomeRun Mesh WiFi Discovery Issues

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
jseymour

Re: HDHomeRun Mesh WiFi Discovery Issues

Post by jseymour »

breezytm wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:09 am
Have you tried reserving an IP for the device. I am curious to see what would happen.
He mentioned in his OP that he'd tried that.
breezytm wrote:
Streaming HDHR across my parents apartment to 3 devices simultaneously over WiFi with 0 complaints. I am hoping to keep things that way. I don't want any phone calls about things not working.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. You put a mesh Wifi network in your parents' apartment? Just how big an apartment do they have, anyway? (I'm covering an entire 1320 sqft. home, plus garage, basement, and back patio, with a single AP.)

Barker

Re: HDHomeRun Mesh WiFi Discovery Issues

Post by Barker »

breezytm wrote:
Have you tried reserving an IP for the device. I am curious to see what would happen.

I just pulled the trigger on Orbi since my TP-Link Archer died after 3 years of solid performance. Streaming HDHR across my parents apartment to 3 devices simultaneously over WiFi with 0 complaints. I am hoping to keep things that way. I don't want any phone calls about things not working. I think the mesh devices should arrive tonight. I'll give them a shot. The minute I see problems that require more than an hour of my time to troubleshoot I am shipping them back.
Yes. Mentioned in the original post:
Barker wrote:
  • IP reservations does not resolve this issue.
I was using Orbi RBK23 with HDHomeRun HDHR4-2US.