New code for HD app on Roku kills my servce [fixed]

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
2000cam

New code for HD app on Roku kills my servce [fixed]

Post by 2000cam »

The application for HDHomerun on my Roku box was updated 4/28 - 4/30 at some time depending on the Roku model.

This update killed HD Homerun for me. I rebooted every box including my:
HDHomeRun SCRIBE QUATRO
Model: HDVR-4US-1TB
Device ID: 15201E32
Firmware: 20200225

The HD Homerun works fine with the Windows 10 application and the Android App. Has been working for everything great for months on end. The recent 2/25 update of the software had no issues.

Just this new Roku App version upgrade. Killed it on my Roku Ultra, Roku Premier+ and Roku Streaming Stick.

Version 54.0 killed it. :(

I assume there is a bug between the new app and the version I am running on HD Homerun? Should I downgrade the HD Homerun to some older none beta version? Can I do that?

I can't be the only one seeing this.

Thanks.

wzcpf2

Re: New code for HD app on Roku kills my servce

Post by wzcpf2 »

This AM I lodged a new ticket (# 133852) on this issue. Waiting on response from Support now.

Best I can tell the Scribe Quatro is working fine. It's just that no TV channels show up on the HD HomeRun home screen. However, if I go to the laptop app the OTA TV channels appear and I can watch with no issues. I believe the DVR portion works, but have not confirmed yet.
Thanks

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

We're very sorry about this. It looks like the most recent update for the HDHomeRun Roku app/channel prevents channels from being listed from SCRIBE models. Other HDHomeRun models appear to be unaffected, and oddly enough, recordings from the SCRIBE will still work. The development team is looking into it and will push out an update ASAP.

SageMyth

Post by SageMyth »

Same issue with me.

Hardware Model HDVR-4US-1TB
Firmware Version 20200225
HDHomeRun Roku App Version 54.0 20200428

When the app starts it seems to hang but when I press the up (or maybe down) arrow it shows the recordings but an empty channel list.
Windows, IOS, and Android apps work fine.

I just received and installed my Scribe to use for OTA channels and am very impressed with the 'no config' startup.
I also like the fact that recording does not use any network bandwidth.
Last edited by SageMyth on Thu May 07, 2020 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

2000cam

Post by 2000cam »

Please add anything you hear from them on your ticket. Thanks all for joining in the conversation. I make a point to add anything I hear from both Roku and SiliconDust in both communities. It always seems like every company says it's the other guys fault. We keep them honest and help other users out at the same time.
Thanks all.
wzcpf2 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:26 pm
This AM I lodged a new ticket (# 133852) on this issue. Waiting on response from Support now.

Best I can tell the Scribe Quatro is working fine. It's just that no TV channels show up on the HD HomeRun home screen. However, if I go to the laptop app the OTA TV channels appear and I can watch with no issues. I believe the DVR portion works, but have not confirmed yet.
Thanks

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

The problem has been fixed and completed our QA... working on submitting to Roku...

Nick

2000cam

Post by 2000cam »

This fix worked great. Thanks. :D

2000cam

Post by 2000cam »

Nickk,

My Roku Ultra works great. My Premiere+ doesn't have audio now. I'll have to try other things tomorrow but nothing has changed except the upgrade. Worse off, it started working fine. The audio stopped working.
nickk wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:07 pm
The problem has been fixed and completed our QA... working on submitting to Roku...

Nick

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

2000cam wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 10:37 pm
My Roku Ultra works great. My Premiere+ doesn't have audio now. I'll have to try other things tomorrow but nothing has changed except the upgrade. Worse off, it started working fine. The audio stopped working.
Hi,

Audio isn't related to the app - the Roku itself plays the content and passes the audio through to your audio output device in AC3 format.

What are you using for audio? (for example HDMI to a TV with built in speakers)

Nick

SageMyth

Re: New code for HD app on Roku kills my servce [fixed]

Post by SageMyth »

I have a Roku Ultra and a Premiere+ as well.
The latest version of the Roku HDHomerun app is now working on both devices including audio.
The audio settings for the Roku devices need to be set for "Auto (Dolby Digital)"

2000cam

Post by 2000cam »

Weird stuff. I rebooted everything: TV, Roku and HDhomerun. Nothing fixed.
I deleted the app, rebooted then readded the app. Nothing fixed.
I took the roku to a different Vizio TV in the house with a different HDMI cable. Everything working fine. Go figure.
I put it back on the original Vizio TV with the original HDMI cable, same setup that didn't work. Everything fine again.
Doesn't make any sense.
No idea how that could fix anything. But I am assuming there is something weird with the audio part of the HDMI signal.
Just glad I had another place to try it.
Still good and fixed. :D
nickk wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:31 pm
2000cam wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 10:37 pm
Hi,

Audio isn't related to the app - the Roku itself plays the content and passes the audio through to your audio output device in AC3 format.

What are you using for audio? (for example HDMI to a TV with built in speakers)

Nick