Card Validation 'none'

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
kpfleming

Card Validation 'none'

Post by kpfleming »

I've just installed an HDHR3-CC with an Arris/Motorola CableCard, connected to the Verizon FIOS network near New York City. Activating the card (transferring activation from another device) worked fine, I can see most of the channels I should see, and I can tune to any of them.

However, there a few channels missing (some premium, some non-premium), and the 'Status' page in the unit says "Card Validation: none'. Should I be concerned about that status? I've also noticed that the CCI bits for every channel I've checked are set to 'unrestricted', even a premium channel, which seems quite odd.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Card Validation 'none'

Post by signcarver »

Without validation you won't be able to view any drm channels.. typically on fios that is hbo/max and any national "fox' channels. Once you do get such fixed, there are additional requirements in regards to the client with supporting drm.

Usually with verizon such is caused by them sending a reset signal that changes the data id which would then need to be relayed to them to manually add the new id in a system without sending the hit that caused the issue on the first place.

It has been a while since anyone has reported such issue but in the past most were able to get such fixed through the verizon direct forum on dslreports.com but haven't checked into that lately.

kpfleming

Post by kpfleming »

Thanks! That is exactly what I'm seeing... HBO, FXHD, FXXHD are all missing from the channel list. Kind of weird that HBO has DRM but Showtime does not.

kpfleming

Post by kpfleming »

Thanks again for the tip; I posted in that forum and a Verizon tech re-validated the card, and now the status display in the HDHR is correct. Amazing service from Verizon on a Saturday morning :-)