New HDTV broadcasts

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
ratt57

New HDTV broadcasts

Post by ratt57 »

I'm receiving email from SiliconDust re: a new device they're creating for the change in HDTV broadcasting later this year. I'm in one of the cities the new HDTV signals are scheduled for, and am wondering if my HomeRun HD will be compatible with it or will I have to buy a brand new device? I'm really happy with the HomeRun HD and have been using it with no problem for three years now.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: New HDTV broadcasts

Post by NedS »

ATSC 3.0 will require new hardware. ATSC 1.0 broadcasts are required to be supported for a minimal of five years from the start of that station's transition to ATSC 3.0, and may even be supported longer than that (depending on demand).

ratt57

Post by ratt57 »

Thanks. Do you know if all of the current tuners being sold by SiliconDust been adapted to accomodate ATSC 3.0?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

ratt57 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:25 pm
Thanks. Do you know if all of the current tuners being sold by SiliconDust been adapted to accomodate ATSC 3.0?
You've got perfect timing, we've just launched this Kickstarter for people who want early access to our new ATSC 3.0 hardware: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... un-atsc-30