No HD Honerun device found on iPhone but seeing it online and through nvidia shield?

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
l2oBiN

No HD Honerun device found on iPhone but seeing it online and through nvidia shield?

Post by l2oBiN »

I have a Quatro and I am not able to pick it up on an iPhone using the HD hone app.7i can see the tuner on my.hdhomerun.com and can tune into it on an nvidia shield with both native hdhomerun app and through plex.

How can I get the hdhomerun to work in the iPhone?

shawn_75

Re: No HD Honerun device found on iPhone but seeing it online and through nvidia shield?

Post by shawn_75 »

Your router may have your wireless configured as a Guest network or otherwise restrict wireless clients from communicating with wired clients.

My.hdhomerun.com will allow you to find the IP address of your tuner. Try and access the tuner's webpage via that IP address on your iPhone.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: No HD Honerun device found on iPhone but seeing it online and through nvidia shield?

Post by NedS »

Try to access this link on your iPhone: http://192.168.0.48

That's your local IP address of your HDHomeRun. (Don't worry, this number is useless to the internet, as most internal networks use 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x or some other range reserved for internal addresses. My HDHomeRun is on http://10.0.0.198 , for example.)

l2oBiN

Post by l2oBiN »

I can access it using the http://192.168.0.48/ but I still get no device found using hdhomerun app on the same phone.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Can you tell me the make and model number of your router?

l2oBiN

Post by l2oBiN »

The modem is Technicolor DJA0230TLS that is provided by my service provider (Telstra). I have a google Nest mesh system connected to it that I am using to access the net. I am able to connect to the quatro using the shield which is Ethernet connected to the modem. And as mentioned above I can connect into the hdhomerun interface using my phone (over the nest WIFI) but can’t get device with the HD Homerun app off the same phone.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

It sounds like the modem is also a router, so there are two routers being used at the same time. Would it be possible to connect everything to your Google unit?

l2oBiN

Post by l2oBiN »

The modem/router connects to the google mesh system which supplies the wireless network. HD Homerun is connected to the modem itself not google nest. This should then be wirelessly accessed through the google mesh. If I am able to access the ip on the wireless why can’t hdhomerun app on the same device?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Discovery is done by subnet broadcast... many times wifi won't allow such broadcast through properly and mesh is often worse.

When you go by ip it is going "directly" to that address and can make it as long as there is a route.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

It should be possible to put either the modem/router or the Google mesh unit into "bridge mode", and that should also work (in theory).