HDHR3-CC Dying?

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
scotty71

HDHR3-CC Dying?

Post by scotty71 »

The unit was working before I left for work this morning. When I got home, it was not working, no leds were lit. I checked the power supply with meter and it is working.
I pulled out Cable card and reconnected power and left led was red. disconnect power and insert cable card, and reconnect power and now no led lit.
Pull cable card and connect power and led lit but goes off when I connect cable.

Eventually after trying to get it to work, leds would no longer come on at all. I gave up on it for a while, but then I thought I would try again. I connect power and slap top of unit and leds come on. I disconnect
power and reconnect everything and now everything is working. Slapping it make me think there is a solder joint that is going bad.

Anyone else think that could be what is going on?

3ton

Re: HDHR3-CC Dying?

Post by 3ton »

Faulty Power Supply. If you check it with meter it only tells you the voltage is good. If its bad, then when you plug it in the amps go up and the voltage goes down. I would try another power supply that is 5 volts and 3 amps.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

For testing a more-common 5V 2A power adapter is good as well.

scotty71

Post by scotty71 »

I checked another 5v power supply with it and no led at all. I think it was maybe a 5V 1.5A. I checked the prime's power supply with my Ethernet switch and it powered it. The unit is working right now with the original power supply.

All this doesn't explain, however, why is started working after I slapped the top of the unit.

Thanks.

scotty71

Post by scotty71 »

It's been working fine till just couple minutes ago and it stopped while watching BBC America. Checked the unit and leds were off. I again slapped the unit a few times and the leds came back on and it is again working.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Hi,

Drop a quick email to support@silicondust.com - we will help.

Nick

scotty71

Post by scotty71 »

thanks for the reply. I did just that now.