HDHomeRun units on Asus Mesh ?

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
EddieP

HDHomeRun units on Asus Mesh ?

Post by EddieP »

Can I use the mesh system below to connect HDHomeRun units directly ? Plan on getting rid of my Moca connectors and Coax cables.

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/AiMe ... 2U-2-Pack/

JDazell

Re: HDHomeRun units on Asus Mesh ?

Post by JDazell »

EddieP,
What do you mean "connect them directly". Can you explain how you are thinking of connecting everything together?

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

If you're talking about connecting the HDHomeRun directly to a mesh unit, then having it be accessible elsewhere on the network, it should work, probably. Asus tends to be one of the best options in my experience. Not a fan of Netgear given how many problems I've seen with them, and I wouldn't use Linksys đź’© if it was the last wifi on earth.

EddieP

Post by EddieP »

jasonl wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:46 pm
If you're talking about connecting the HDHomeRun directly to a mesh unit, then having it be accessible elsewhere on the network, it should work, probably. Asus tends to be one of the best options in my experience. Not a fan of Netgear given how many problems I've seen with them, and I wouldn't use Linksys đź’© if it was the last wifi on earth.
This works great as the wireless backhaul on the mesh is speeds up to 4804 Mbps ... Eliminated a lot of wiring. Since I am stuck at home decided to redo wiring etc... and replaced my Router this ASUS mesh system is super fast and has a great UI.