Servio Recording Quality Poor

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Andy

Re: Servio Recording Quality Poor

Post by Andy »

NedS wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:11 am
Can we have you turn diagnostics back on? (sorry, it turns off every 10 days). It's conceivable that there might be some issue with the drive (though I should point out that we went with some high quality drives for SERVIO/SCRIBE, that are meant to be used for constant recording/DVR systems), but that should be visible in the log.
Sorry NedS, I missed seeing your post. I have turned diagnostics back on, and we will try to watch live TV from 6:30 - 7:00 pm when the issue normally occurs. During that time we are recording/watching two HD news channels. One is from 6 - 7pm and the other from 6:30 - 7pm. The issues normally occur some time while both streams are going to the Servio. Live TV plays fine during the day. The HD streams are about 9 Mbps each.

Andy

Post by Andy »

NedS, We watched the 6pm - 7pm News show live and it had no problems. The 6:30 - 7pm News show was recording, and we watched it right after the 6-7 show ended. It played fine for 27 minutes. Then at 27:25 into it (so probably close to 6:27 pm in the recording) it started having serious break ups.

I don't know how your diagnostics are recorded, but you said something about a live stream in your earlier post. The problem occurred in a stream being recorded while we were watching another tuner live. Will you be able to get anything from the diagnostics?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

In theory it should be all the same, as live channels are buffered through the SERVIO for live TV pausing and rewinding. Nothing jumps out at me from first glance, but I will ask the development team for their input. We'll probably end up asking for a sample recording, but let me see what they say.