HDHomeRun Duo keeps resetting itself

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
webstas

HDHomeRun Duo keeps resetting itself

Post by webstas » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:41 am

So recently my HDHomeRun duo started resetting itself whenever any device attempts to tune a channel or if i go into the web ui and attempt a channel scan, has anyone else experienced this?

gtb
Expert

Re: HDHomeRun Duo keeps resetting itself

Post by gtb » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:43 pm

webstas wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:41 am
So recently my HDHomeRun duo started resetting itself whenever any device attempts to tune a channel or if i go into the web ui and attempt a channel scan, has anyone else experienced this?
Resetting under additional loads has historically been linked to power supplies going bad for older devices (not just SD tuners), but as long as you are using the supplied power adapter that seems less likely for a Duo (since it is a new device), although it could be a sample defect (any particular sample might be at the very wrong end of the failure curve).

If you do have another adapter in the residence that meets the requirements ( https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/tag:hardware ), you might want to give it a shot. If that fixes the problem you can order a replacement power supply from the SiliconDust online shop.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Please enable sending diagnostic data and then reply back with your device ID: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/trouble ... iagnostics

webstas

Post by webstas » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:23 am

I found a new power supply with the same specs as the one that came with it and that seemed to have fixed it!
Thank you SOOO Much

My device info
Model: HDHR5-2US
Device ID: 10675319
Firmware: 20200225

gtb
Expert

Post by gtb » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:32 pm

webstas wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:23 am
I found a new power supply with the same specs as the one that came with it and that seemed to have fixed it!
Thank you SOOO Much
Good to know that you have a resolution.

As I recall, SD has a 1 yr warranty on new devices, so if this is a (reasonably) recent purchase, you might want to consider submitting a formal support ticket to replace the supply so that your found supply can be returned to its original usage (or even just because having a spare is a useful diagnostic tool in the future).

And while I have zero knowledge of SD corporate practice, so have no clue whether it is useful, knowing that a supply on a relatively recent device has failed through a formal support ticket may be used in their operational statistics to know if they have any potential issues via their supply chain.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:49 pm

webstas wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:23 am
Thank you SOOO Much

My device info
Model: HDHR5-2US
Device ID: 10675319
Firmware: 20200225
You're still under warranty. Shoot us an e-mail at support@silicondust.com and we'll send you a new power supply, and even if you don't need it right now, you can use it as a backup.