HD Homerun client not tuning to all channels

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
topdavis

HD Homerun client not tuning to all channels

Post by topdavis » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:08 pm

I am running version 20200225 and the Tuner status webpage says I am running the latest firmware. The HDHomerun client will not tune to all of the channels that exist on the cable card. The channel numbers don't appear in the software, but they are listed in the HDHomerun Setup on the Cablecard tab and when you click the channel it does display in VLC media player.

For example, channel 190 is in the CableCard tab and when clicked VLC opens the channel. When you open HDHomerun client, channel 190 is not listed and you can't tune to it even if you type in the channel directly.

I've re-scanned twice, uninstalled and re-installed and same issue. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: HD Homerun client not tuning to all channels

Post by NedS » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Please enable debugging and preform a channel scan: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/trouble ... _platforms

Then reply back here with the Device ID printed on the bottom of your HDHomeRun.

topdavis

Post by topdavis » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:08 am

Device ID: 1322F844

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:45 pm

It looks like the ONT is dying. Call up Verizon and they should replace it for free. Once they do and you do a fresh channel scan, also reboot the SERVIO to force it to refresh the channel list (it will do this automatically, but it might take an hour or two to resync the list).

topdavis

Post by topdavis » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:04 am

Thanks for your suggestions. Verizon did confirm the bad ONT and they replaced the external equipment and re-spliced the outdoor to indoor run. This also probably explains sometimes my cable box would get pixelated on the HD channels from time to time. I did a new channel scan and all seems good now.