HDHR3 Comcast activation help

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
CubsWin

HDHR3 Comcast activation help

Post by CubsWin » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:55 pm

I received a CableCARD from Comcast today to activate in my HDHR3, which I just purchased used. The instructions were simple enough - I plugged the card in, checked all the numbers, went to the xfinity.com/activatecablecard website, and entered my account and phone numbers. It immediately brought up the SN for the CableCARD that was sent to me, and I clicked "Continue" to activate it. I then received the message:
We're sorry - an error has occurred.

We cannot activate this CableCARD at this time.

Please try and contact the cable card activation support line at 1-877-405-2298
I have had a few conversations with Comcast support at the phone number listed and have not been able to get anywhere so far. Has anyone been through this who could recommend the best approach to get this issue resolved? Is there a "secret" CableCARD support phone number to get to someone who actually knows how to troubleshoot issues? From my previous experience with CableCARD's many years ago, I fear I could get the run around for weeks or longer, since the support people usually have no idea what I am referring to. I knew the Self-Installation was too good to be true...

CubsWin

Re: HDHR3 Comcast activation help

Post by CubsWin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:41 pm

I was able to get this taken care of. I tried the Comcast activation website again this morning and it allowed me to enter all my information and activate. I don't know if there was a temporary issue last night, or if one of the people I spoke to made an adjustment to my account, but either way it worked. Once I activated, everything showed paired correctly, but I still couldn't detect any channels. I called the regular Comcast customer service number (877-405-2298) again and I said "CableCARD repair" at the prompt. It routed me to a representative who was knowledgeable about CableCARD's, so maybe that is the key to getting the right person. She confirmed all my information, sent a few refreshes, and had me up and running within a couple minutes. Maybe add this to the sticky for activation?