Connect Duo

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
bukzin

Connect Duo

Post by bukzin » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:04 pm

I just set up my Duo unit. I understand it will record two programs at once, but can I watch a third program during those recording?

Also, looking for super basic info on my new device. Where might a newbie learn without having to read thru the more techie issues?

Thx

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Connect Duo

Post by jasonl » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:26 pm

You can watch a previously recorded program while 2 shows are recording, but you would not be able to watch a third channel live.

Lots of information is available on our support site at https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/getting_started

hdhruser

Re: Connect Duo

Post by hdhruser » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:38 pm

There is one case where you MAY be able to watch a program while recording two different ones, but it depends on the software you are using for recording. That is when two of the things (either both recordings or the show you want to watch live and one of the recordings) are on the same "real" OTA channel, or all three are. For example, you are recording channels 10.2 and 10.4 and you want to watch a show on 12.1, that may work. Or you are recording 8.1 and 13.1 and you want to watch 13.3, that may work. It depends on whether the software is smart enough to reuse the same tuner for all the subchannels coming in on that same "real" channel.