HD homerun prime has MSNBH not MSNBC

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
ctviggen

HD homerun prime has MSNBH not MSNBC

Post by ctviggen » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:01 am

I just upgraded to a new computer and installed the latest (official) firmware on my HD Homerun Prime. I noticed one channel has the incorrect name when using the HD Homerun Prime Setup tool: MSNBH instead of MSNBC. I have tried to rescan multiple times, with no change. Is there a way to correct this?

(There may be other errors, but this is the only that popped out at me, and only because I was using it as a test case.)

Thank you.

rpcameron

Re: HD homerun prime has MSNBH not MSNBC

Post by rpcameron » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:21 am

Those names are coming from the cable company. It looks like "MSNBH" is a shortening of "MSNBC HD". Also, those call signs are often outdated, and reference the channels' previous name/incarnation, or what used to air on that channel. Case in point, my Charter/Spectrum lineup sent the "BIO" (Biography) channel call sign for "FYI"; similarly, "SPRT" (Sprout) for Universal Kids.

This is not an error, just a misconfiguration from your provider.

gtb
Expert

Post by gtb » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:13 pm

rpcameron wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:21 am
Not so much a misconfiguration, just an internal (only) definition in the mapping. It is not intended to be meaningful to anyone (other than the HE engineers). What is important is that your chosen software's guide is correct with names that are useful to you.

rpcameron

Post by rpcameron » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:17 pm

gtb wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:13 pm
rpcameron wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:21 am
Not so much a misconfiguration, just an internal (only) definition in the mapping. It is not intended to be meaningful to anyone (other than the HE engineers). What is important is that your chosen software's guide is correct with names that are useful to you.
Thanks. I think that explains where I was trying to go; I just had problems finding the right words/explanation.