Setup of HDHR Connect two tuner

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
jboscoe

Setup of HDHR Connect two tuner

Post by jboscoe » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:48 pm

I was just recently in touch with your support staff to try to resolve an issue with my home network and 2 routers. My provider is spectrum and i have a tp link router as my primary router. Then i had reused my older netgear router for my secondary router and set it up in my wifes office the primary router is in the main living room. After several days of troubleshooting i can now access my HDHR tuner with my office laptop with windows 10 installed and using the nextpvr,kody and hd software installed it now will tune in ota tv as long as the laptop is wired directly to the netgear router where my tuner is also attached via a wired connection. My older windows 7 os is wirelessly connected to the same router and it can now use this tuner as well. I need to find out if i can set this tuner up for my tablets and roku to also stream tv through this tuner and be able to watch tv. Thanks in advance.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Setup of HDHR Connect two tuner

Post by jasonl » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:02 pm

In order to access through anything not connected to the secondary router, you need to make it not act as a router, but instead as an access point. The router itself might have an option to explicitly switch it in to access point mode, and if it does, do that. If not, disable the DHCP server in it and switch the network cable that connects back to the main router from the WAN port on router 2 to one of the LAN ports on router 2. This makes everything into one big network, instead of 2 separate networks as it is now.

jboscoe

Re: Setup of HDHR Connect two tuner

Post by jboscoe » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:00 pm

I want to thank you for your response as i am a new user to the hdhr devices. What you had suggested did work . Now i have a mani pc with lubuntu installed now i am working to get it to work with my hdhr device as well. Thanksa again for all your halp and God Bless and take care. Sincerely Joe