Prime keeps re-adding disabled channels

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
damcck

Prime keeps re-adding disabled channels

Post by damcck » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:02 pm

For the past few months my prime cable card tuner keeps re-enabling channels that I have disabled. All in the teens or low 20s
I’ve had to revisit the tuner configuration page so often that my web browser has made it a frequent page favorite

I’m in the Chicago area using Comcast

Thanks

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Prime keeps re-adding disabled channels

Post by jasonl » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:41 pm

Install the latest beta software from https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/downloads#beta_software on a Windows or Mac computer. There's an update in that firmware to improve handling of disabled channels.

damcck

Post by damcck » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:24 pm

Being that you guys are not producing any more cable card tuners I do not feel comfortable loading a beta firmware on one of the last remaining ones creating a potential of breaking it.

Looks like this beta firmware was made available fall of last year when will the final release be made of it.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:39 am

No timeframe on it. At this point, the release would literally just be changing the version number and nothing else, so it's not a priority at the moment. The firmware is stable with no known issues.

damcck

Post by damcck » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:31 pm

I’m sorry for asking again but I’m a bit confused if this beta release has nothing to offer and just a number change why would a fix the re-adding disabled channels issue.

My follow-up to that is if it does fix the issue and it’s been out as long as it has with no known issues and considered “stable” why not call it final and release it.

I hope you do realize since you guys are not making cable card hardware anymore it’s very concerning to put on a beta firmware.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:41 pm

We only tend to do new release versions when there's a significant change. Over the last few days we have identified a couple firmware issues that will result in new beta versions being released, and if there are no reports of issues in those, a new release version for everything.