Video Not Displaying Correctly

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
bwinkelman

Video Not Displaying Correctly

Post by bwinkelman » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:13 pm

I down loaded the app onto my Roku Express, and only a couple channels show up correctly on my tv, I have checked all the settings the settings on my tv, changed the picture type or whatever and they all seem like they are far too zoomed in. I did the zoom, the standard, 100%, cinema ... none of them work they and I can't figure out what the problem is. Does anyone know how to correct this? Because I would LOVE to be able to use it but i just can't with the way it is currently setup.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Video Not Displaying Correctly

Post by NedS » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:30 am

At the moment we don't know why it sometimes does this. The actual video playback on a Roku is handled by the Roku's own internal video player, rather than using video player code we wrote (Roku apps are basically just web wrappers anyways), and as such we're at the mercy of Roku fixing those bugs. Since most of the content a Roku plays is a stream tailored for the Roku, rather than using broadcast video streams which are following a much older video standard, these kinds of things aren't high on their priority list. That being said, we will see if there is anything we can do.