Troubleshooting new Duo

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
arnones

Troubleshooting new Duo

Post by arnones » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:59 pm

What information do I need to provide to troubleshoot? I have an indoor amped antenna that picks up about 55 channels on my TV, but when I log in to Plex Live TV or one of the HD apps on Roku/Fire I get about 2 seconds of audio and one perfect frame and then it all freezes, or possibly glitches. I only got this to be able to record one show once a week, so if I can't get this to reliably work I'll have to return it.

I enabled diagnostics and took my 30 second sample via powershell (which I use all day every day at work), but I'm afraid most media stuff is not my forte.

Where do I start, please? Thanks!

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Troubleshooting new Duo

Post by jasonl » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:40 pm

What's the device ID for your HDHomeRun?

arnones

Post by arnones » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:01 pm

1068F87F.

arnones

Post by arnones » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:15 am

Okay, it looks like this is probably a network problem. I connected a long ethernet cable and it worked. I've ordered a better wifi extender and we'll see if that helps. Thank you for being willing to work on this with me.

arnones

Post by arnones » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:02 am

Anyone else who comes across this issue, I got a nice NetGear wifi extender that has the FastLane media traffic segmentation. I set it to segment the traffic to the 5 GHz band and everything else to the 2.4 GHz band since I have fine coverage with my router for everything else.

It seems to be working beautifully. Now I've ordered an nVidia Shield TV Pro and hopefully with that my OTA DVR (and cord-cutting) needs are complete!