Comcast/Xfinity cablecard channel guide in Indianapolis

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
tombain

Comcast/Xfinity cablecard channel guide in Indianapolis

Post by tombain » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:50 am

I've brought my HDHR Prime from the Seattle area where I was also on Comcast and had a generally good working setup with most of the channels accurately mapped with the channel guide. Now live in Indy, using the same cablecard I brought from Seattle and it works and broadcasts subscribed channels, but the channel guide is a complete mess. Like no one in Indy has ever connected an HDHR Prime cablecard tuner setup and sought a corrected channel guide.

SiliconDust guys, what do I need to provide to get the channels correctly mapped in Indianapolis with the channel guide provider?

gtb
Expert

Re: Comcast/Xfinity cablecard channel guide in Indianapolis

Post by gtb » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:55 pm

tombain wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:50 am
Now live in Indy, using the same cablecard I brought from Seattle
CableCARDs (in the general case) can only be used in the same franchise location from which they are issued, and must be associated with your current account. You must get a new CableCARD from your local franchise, and re-validate it. Take your existing CableCARD from Seattle with you to a local Comcast store, and return it using your old account number, and get a paper receipt and keep it. That *should* avoid the un-returned equipment fee, eventually (although my guess they will charge you on the final bill at the old location, you should be able to get it adjusted when you can show you returned it). And get a new CableCARD in Indianapolis that will be properly programmed for that location and then re-validate it.