2 Prime Tuners DRM channels only seen on one

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
pvcleave

2 Prime Tuners DRM channels only seen on one

Post by pvcleave » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:36 pm

I have 2 Prime tuners. Ever since I have had them, only one has ever recognized DRM channels. The other does not see them. I only have 2, and I don't really watch them, but wondering why this is happening. At one point it didn't even need to be a DRM channel. Each tuner would recognize different channels. It has only been one or two, but I wondering is that normal, is there something I can do to fix it?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: 2 Prime Tuners DRM channels only seen on one

Post by signcarver » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:58 pm

DRM channels require more validation than just "subscribed" typically the issue is just that, the card not being validated (often indicated by card validation: none)... but other settings can come into play if the card validation does say success but where to look can depend on type of card (i.e. on cisco cards the ca page might say not staged).

In some cases it is actually the subscription status and not properly loaded to the card.

Cablecard tuners were never meant to be scanned, throw a TA into the mix it greatly increases the likelyhood of a channel not being picked up by a scan. When it comes to drm issues, i prefer to use wmc to help diagnose as it does not rely on a scan and can handle drm. For non drm channels that are missing, you can try and tune manually such as through vlc and request the specific channel number and look in the tuner's log as to why it didn't tune but if it does tune it is back on the scan being an unreliable way to provide the definitive list of channels.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:14 am

pvcleave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:36 pm
I have 2 Prime tuners. Ever since I have had them, only one has ever recognized DRM channels. The other does not see them. I only have 2, and I don't really watch them, but wondering why this is happening. At one point it didn't even need to be a DRM channel. Each tuner would recognize different channels. It has only been one or two, but I wondering is that normal, is there something I can do to fix it?
Please do the following for both of your PRIME units:
  1. Go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
  4. Click System Status
  5. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  6. Go back one page
  7. Click Channel Lineup
  8. Click Detect Channels
Then reply back here with the Device ID of your PRIMEs.

pvcleave

Post by pvcleave » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:20 pm

It looks like my one card says none under card validation. So I guess I should contact my provider. However, it is not worth bein g on the phone for 2 channels I do not watch. At least I know what the issue is.