Crash when deleting a file from MCEBuddy

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Beerman

Crash when deleting a file from MCEBuddy

Post by Beerman » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:54 pm

I've not updated MCEBuddy in a long time but the last month, when deleting the file from the Recordings page, I get this:

post image online

I have it set to only remove the commercials and keep the file the same. Never had this problem before and it started happening recently. Not sure what causes this but obviously, something MCEBuddy does to these cut files.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Crash when deleting a file from MCEBuddy

Post by signcarver » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:45 pm

typically one gets that when one deletes a program already deleted or not currently accessible (this most often happens when there are multiple ip addresses (paths) to the "same" file and it doesn't remove the other listing)... I have never heard of such ever being MCEBuddy related (though if the client still has the older cmdURL from before MCEBuddy processed the file resulting in a newer cmdURL that could also trigger such).

Beerman

Re: Crash when deleting a file from MCEBuddy

Post by Beerman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:24 am

I thought it strange too but the file is definitely still there (I delete these right after I watch them) and it's only on the cut files that this happens. It never happens on the original.
I am going to update MCEBuddy and see if that helps and maybe post in their forum.